Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday 30 September 2013

Little L


Lately I've been getting a little down about my work. Uncertainty, hyper-sensitivity to criticism and generally feeling uninspired. It's been an absolute massive year for me, becoming a full-time professional photographer was a major leap but fuck I am glad I did it. I love my life, my job - the juice was most definitely worth the squeeze. But as it nears the end of 2013 I realise how tired I am. This rollercoaster year has drained me and I can feel it physically and emotionally and most importantly I can see it in my work. However it's times like these that I need to remember a little lesson I live by - when something negative happens in your life, you just counteract that shit with something positive. So while i'm feeling a little heavy I want to show you some work that I am extremely proud of. 

I took these not all that long ago of new model Lisa. We wanted to go for a 90's supermodel look to show off Lisa'a absolutely killer bod. I LOVE this shoot. It's one of my favourite stories to date. It's a simple combination of a beautiful model with some beautiful light and it's shoots like these that make you realise you are in the exact right place, in the exact right time, just lost in photography. 

The lovely folk at Wattle Magazine were kind enough to publish this story - you can check out more images here

Make-up: Amber @ A-Symmetric Style Studio 










No comments:

Post a Comment